Have you ever wondered about the difference between heavy-duty and light-duty tow trucks? They have several differences, especially when it comes to towing recovery since the type of service you choose will depend on factors like size, distance, vehicle condition, and specific needs. To determine whether you need light-duty or heavy-duty towing recovery in Bolingbrook, IL, we’ve put together a brief overview of their differences.
While most of us would rather avoid towing services, sometimes it’s just something we need to go through whether we like it or not. So it’s important to know the differences between the two tow trucks.
Light and medium-duty tow trucks are what we consider typical trucks for towing services. It is used for towing coupes, sedans, and smaller vehicles. Additionally, you can also use the service for removing abandoned vehicles, towing cars from private properties, and recovering vehicles from roadside accidents.
If you need towing & recovering services, this is the kind of tow truck you’ll need in Bolingbrook IL. Usually, these vehicles are equipped with a winch and cabling system for an effective service. Compared to heavy-duty tow trucks, light-duty have less complex tools and are easier to operate.
Heavy vehicles like semi-trucks, construction equipment, farm equipment, shipping containers, dump trucks, machinery, and trailer trucks are best towed by heavy-duty tow trucks. This kind of tow truck usually weighs around 26,000 lbs. so it should be capable of towing large vehicles with ease.
So if your truck got stuck in the middle of the road whether it’s due to an accident or a malfunctioning engine, tow truck companies will send a heavy-duty tow truck to get you out of there. Also, they are equipped with advanced equipment and have a lot of torque and horsepower. Due to its complex nature, this truck should only be driven by a highly experienced operator.
Why Weight is Important in Towing
Using the wrong tow truck is not only inefficient and expensive, but it can damage your vehicle as well. If you get a heavy-duty tow truck for a sedan, the process would just take more time than usual unlike when done with a light-duty truck.
And if you send a light-duty truck for a huge vehicle, you won’t be able to transport the vehicle safely or even move it. This is why doing research and choosing the right towing company is very important. Using the wrong service will just be a waste of time and unnecessarily costly.
Even if you own a brand new vehicle, you will, at some point, need towing services. It could either be due to a vehicular accident, unexpected engine breakdown, relocation, or more. Regardless of the situation, you need to prepare your vehicle before the towing company picks it up.
Here are things you should do:
- Remove Important Things. Make sure to remove all valuable things in your vehicle such as documents and money stocked in your compartment.
- Close All Windows. If not involved in an accident but need towing services, make sure to close your windows to prevent dirt and debris from coming in.
- Release Emergency Break. Make sure to release your emergency before it gets towed to avoid getting damaged.
- Take a Photo. Before the towing company arrives, take some photos of your vehicle at every angle as unexpected damages could occur during transportation. This would come in handy.
- Hire a Reputable Company. Choosing the right company requires research. While it could be tempting to go for the cheapest option, it won’t be assured that your vehicle is safe.
When it comes to safe and quality towing services, Naperville Classic Towing is a tow truck company you can trust in Bolingbrook IL.